It Was An Accident!

Today’s outfit was a complete accident. I’m a person that loathes getting up early in the morning. If I can sleep in late, I’ll take it! So getting up for work is always a struggle. In order to make it out the apartment on time, I have to get everything prepared the night before. This includes picking out my outfit. If I don’t, then it’s always a mad dash in the morning to get everything together and make it to work looking halfway decent. I was under the weather last night, so I went to bed early without even getting anything prepared. So this morning when I woke up, I was in panic mode as nothing was ready. I pulled out my always reliable pair of work-jeans and this sleeveless top that I’ve been meaning to wear (I got it for $7 at Target...woohoo!). My work environment is very casual and relaxed, so jeans are acceptable. This deep blue cardigan was the first one in sight, so I went for it. To my surprise, the blue worked well with the red-orange-ish checkered wrap top. I love wearing colours, and I love mixing them, but I was surprised that this combination worked well. Not bad for a last-minute/grab-what-is-in-sight outfit.

Styling tip: If you work in a casual environment like I do where jeans are acceptable, be careful not to make it too casual, because after all, we are still in an office environment. Try to keep it to straight or wide leg jeans. Flares are also acceptable. Bootcut…hmmm…I’ll say yes. Skinny jeans…acceptable…but only if it’s not too tight and done right. Always try to go for darker wash denim. They are dressier and more polished than lighter washes. Also, pair the jeans with a dressier top and heels to make it more classy looking. Remember, jeans to work should never be too tight and only be worn on casual days or if your office is an overall casual environment. If your office has a strict dress code, then I would suggest sticking to only straight and wide legs. Hope everyone is having a great week!


Top: Target 
Cardigan: New York & Company
Jeans: The Limited
Shoes: Nine West Outlet












Keeping it Classy,
Janell
xoxo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cordially J

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig