DFW Blogger Meetup - June 2011

This past Saturday, the DFW bloggers met at Charming Charlie, a fashion accessories boutique, for some well-needed shopping and girl time. The event was put together by Julie of Rosy + Tart.


(From left: Julie, Elissa, Katie, moi, Jessica, Jenni)

This was my first time at Charming Charlie, and when I entered the door, it was like whoa! Endless amounts of jewelry and other accessories. Now, I'm the kind of girl that likes structure and organization when shopping...same style organized by size per rack...so this took me by surprise. My strategy...divide and conquer! Luckily for me, everything had a common theme and was organized by colour. Within each section, there were probably hundreds of items to discover, so I did an initial run through of the store then went through again in sections, bit by bit trying not to get overwhelmed. There were several items that tickled my fancy, but in the end, I got these two necklaces with matching earrings.



Here are some random items that I came across...




After shopping, we walked across to Brick House Tavern & Tap for lunch. At this point, we were all pretty much starving, so it was unanimous that the mandatory outfit photo shoot would have to wait until after lunch. I had the crab cake sandwich with cajun fries and a glass of water...the water cancelled out the calories of the sandwich and fries...right??? We chatted and laughed and enjoyed the rest of the time. This crab cake was so good....



Have you ever had something in your wardrobe for over a year that you never wear? Well, I have tons of them, and this dress and bag are part of the group. You'd think that an all black maxi dress in this summer heat would be torture, but it was the opposite. The bottom half of the dress was linen, so it allowed for a lot of flowing air. Bold, colourful jewelry and some comfy wedges topped off my outfit. It was an afternoon well spent. Hope everyone had a good weekend :)




Dress: New York & Company
Jewelry: New York & Company
Bag: The Limited


Keeping it Classy,
Janell
xoxo

4 comments

  1. great meetup pictures! i've been meaning to check out that store!

    cute & little
    Tru Luxe Jeans Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should check them out Kileen. They have lots of accessories to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry I missed this meet up (I was out of town). Looks like y'all had a great time! I am loving those necklaces that you bought. I've been to Charming Charlie's and it is quite a store!! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kiah. We had a great time. I really love the necklaces I bought. I've worn the white one several times, and I'm even wearing it today.

    ReplyDelete

© Cordially J

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig