Word of the Day: Scalloped

I came across this picture on Refinery29's website of Rihanna wearing these scalloped tights. I like the "scalloped" style in general, but I don't think I would be comfortable pulling it off in a pair of tights like Rihanna did. It's cute though. What do you think?



Apart from food, "scallop" refers to a great style trend. We know scallop mainly as the marine organism in a shell much like oysters, clams, and mussels, but it is that same shell that is used as inspiration to pattern the scalloped edges and ridges of clothing.



Here are a couple cute looks I found while browsing around.






What do you think about the scalloped trend? Better yet, what do you think about Rihanna's tights, yay or nay?



Keeping it Classy,
Janell
xoxo

3 comments

  1. Well you live and you learn. I never knew that's what it was called. As for Rihanna and her scalloped tights, I'm not sure if I'm liking it. hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a dress similar to the last one, and it's definitely one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post and cute picture of Rhianna.

    Follow my newly created blog.

    www.solesearchingbyshana.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete

© Cordially J

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig